Line Array speaker cabinet
- 2x8" neodymium speaker (2.5"voice coil)
- 2x8” Kevlar™-cone
- 1x2.5" (63mm) neodymium compression driver
- throat diameter compression driver 1.4”
- high frequency planar wave guide horn 1.4”
- wave guide horn directivity h110°/v10°
- constant horn directivity
- passive crossover
- curving angles 0°-10° in 1° steps
- 3-point rigging structure
- 2 Neutrik speakon 4-pin
- speaker signal link function
- perforated steel front grill powder coated
- acoustic foam 4mm behind front grill
- wood housing 15mm and 18mm plywood
- polyurea (PU) high scratch proof coating
- optional regular painting black or white
- line array unit for mobile and touring PA
- line array unit for fix installation
- live events, live entertainment
- stadium broadcasting,
- discotheque and mobile disco event
- meeting halls broadcast system
extended system components
- X-ray sub* Low-Mid extension (1x15")
*with rigging hardware
- LB-118 system-subwoofer (1x18")
- VB-218 infra-subwoofer (1x18")
The X-ray 8 is a high end Line Array speaker cabinet stunning with the unique functional and pioneering design, reliability, manufacturing quality, robustness and especially brilliant sound performance. The speaker components are complete newly developed in cooperation with a worldwide well known speaker manufacturer.
The newly specially designed powerful components are representing the latest state of the art of speaker technology. Such kind of high tech speakers are not available in the standard product range of the well known speaker manufacturers.
The cone of the 8“ transducer is made of Kevlar. The innovative Kevlar cone provides a lot of advantages compared with traditional paper cone. The nature and structure of Kevlar material are 100% constant without aging phenomenon or material fatigue. The Kevlar material enjoys a famous reputation for its gorgeous stability, tearing resistance, as well as hard-wearing against high humidity.
The sound is constant without any distortion even at high sound pressure. For a high power magnetic force the speakers are equipped with a multi cellular neodymium magnet structure. With this technology the magnetic force is optimized and the weight is minimized. A 2.5” voice coil ensures a high power handling capacity and a high sensitivity as well. The high frequency compression driver also adopt neodymium magnet and is equipped with a pure titanium diaphragm to guarantee brilliant and clear sound.
Needless to say the complete design including the integrated rigging system is absolutely unique and sophisticated. The rigging system also sets new standards of dimension and stability to such kind of Line Array category the X-ray 8 is. The housing, the structure, as well as the trendsetting handle make the X-ray 8 easy to handle.
In addition with the professional passive crossover network, the X-ray 8 complex is at the cutting edge of global speaker cabinet technology. A durable varnishing is essential for touring purpose of speaker cabinets.
The standard version of the X-ray 8 is coated with black pure PU (polyurea), the most heavy-duty and durable coating in the worldwide speaker cabinet industry. At special request, the other varnishing and colors are available as well. The EASE Focus Line Array calculator is available with X-ray 8. The X-ray 8 fulfills the highest expectations on workmanship, reliability, robustness, handling design, and last but not least perfect sound quality!
|rated impedance (optional)||16Ω (8Ω)|
|power handling capacity AES/peak*||600W / 1800W*|
|available frequency response**||55Hz-20kHz|
|max. sound pressure level***||139dB|
|directivity (h x v)||110°/10°|
|midrange-transducer rated size||2x8"|
|midrange-transducer voice coil Ø||2.5" (64mm)|
|LF-transducer magnet structure||neodymium|
|LF-transducer cone material||Kevlar|
|HF-compression driver rated size (VC)||2.5" (63mm)|
|HF-compression throat diameter||1.4"|
|HF-compression magnet structure||neodymium|
|dimension w/h/d in mm||580/268/550|
* peak 10ms, with TD-8000 amplifier and X-ray8 max controller setup